Guest Blogger: Melissa Sonico
WE’RE HOPING TO START A FAMILY TRADITION of summer roads trips—or just in general, whenever we get the chance. Anything from a quick day trip to Joshua Tree or a week(end)-long excursion to Big Sur or Marfa. We’re lucky to live only hours from some amazing locations like Joshua Tree and Zion, which are two of our favorite national parks. This summer, we drove out to Joshua Tree, did some exploring, and stopped by the Cabazon dinosaurs, which Harrison always loves. He even got to become a Joshua Tree “Junior Ranger.” It’s important to us to have these lasting memories and experiences to share, and it’s equally important to make sure we’re prepared, safe, and secure while on the road.
First thing we do is plan out everything we need for the trip, like snacks, supplies, and music. This usually includes the following:
- Harrison’s tablet stocked with his favorite learning games and shows
- plenty of clementines, pretzels, and full water bottles
- a picnic blanket, sunscreen, natural insect-repellant, etc.
- straw hats for me and Harrison always!
- hours of playlists and podcasts including Harrison’s favorite Beatles songs (“Yellow Submarine” is big right now) and, for Johnny and me, our podcast of the moment The Rewatchables
We always make it a point to get our car serviced on long trips, especially when we’re going places we haven’t been before. Firestone Complete Auto Care is a great resource for making your car road trip ready. Getting new tires—or just getting routine auto care—is super important in general, but definitely necessary for long trips. They back all of their work with a Triple Promise guarantee! Click here to download exclusive coupons and deals. #ad #sponsored