As one of the world’s leading tire companies, Bridgestone makes a lot of amazing tires—hundreds, if not thousands of them! With so many great choices, how can you tell which tires are a good fit for your vehicle and lifestyle?
Touring tires are one of the most popular choices for drivers everywhere. Today, we’ll take you on a tour of Bridgestone’s top touring tires so you can choose the best ones for your needs.
What Is a Touring Tire?
Touring tires are made for sedans, minivans, SUVs, and passenger vehicles. When you choose a quality touring tire, you’re likely to enjoy the following benefits:
- Reliable handling and maneuverability
- A quiet and comfortable ride
- Excellent traction on wet and dry roads
- All-season versatility (with some exceptions)
While touring tires can share many similarities, they can also be quite different. Learn more about Bridgestone touring tires—DriveGuard, Ecopia, and Turanza—to see what we mean.
Bridgestone DriveGuard Tires
Great for drivers who don’t want to lug around a spare tire.
When it comes to peace of mind, you can’t beat Bridgestone DriveGuard touring tires.
DriveGuard tires are run-flat tires, which means they’re designed to keep rolling when you get a flat tire. Whether a nail punctures your tire or you suffer a complete air loss after hitting a pothole, DriveGuard tires allow you to travel up to 50 miles at 50 mph—even when you (or your tires) are under pressure! So, when a flat happens, you’ll be able to drive to safety (i.e., your closest Firestone Complete Auto Care).
How is all this possible? DriveGuard tires keep going when other tires can’t thanks to design features like reinforced sidewalls that help maintain air pressure, and high-tech cooling fins that redistribute heat to prevent pressure fluctuations.
DriveGuard tires are available for crossovers, minivans, sedans, coupes, and wagons.
Bridgestone Ecopia Tires
Great for drivers who want more miles out of each tank of gas and less mess for Mother Nature.
Bridgestone Ecopia tires are low rolling resistance tires. This means they’re engineered with fuel efficiency in mind. Under the right circumstances, Ecopia tires could get you up to an extra 20 miles per tank!* What makes them so unique?
- A special fuel saver sidewall compound helps lower rolling resistance (the energy it takes for the tire to turn). As a result, Ecopia tires require less effort to keep in motion than regular tires.
- Less natural resources are used in the manufacturing process, since about 5% of the tread compound in an Ecopia tire is made from recycled tires.
- NanoPro-Tech and silica-infused rubber minimizes the interaction between polymer, filler materials, and other rubber chemicals at the molecular level. “Science-y,” right? In short, this type of enhanced rubber helps reduce carbon dioxide emissions and improves fuel efficiency.
- Circumferential grooves in the tread design disperse water to help prevent hydroplaning.
Ecopia tires are well-suited for sedans and minivans, in part thanks to their all-season performance, smooth ride, and confident handling.
Bridgestone Turanza Tires
Great for drivers who crave comfort.
Are you looking for a luxurious ride? Turn to Bridgestone Turanza tires, a first-class choice for every occasion from daily commutes to cross-country road trips.
Turanza tires absorb road noise and provide a smooth, quiet, and reliable ride in both wet and dry conditions. Plus, they’re built to deliver long-lasting performance for 80,000 miles**, whether they’re installed on a sedan or the family SUV.
The Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack, introduced in 2019, replaced the Turanza Serenity Plus. The QuietTrack tire offers a 20% improvement in wet traction and 44% improvement in snow traction versus the Serenity Plus tire.
The QuietTrack tire also offers extra features such as:
- QuietTrack technology (a Bridgestone-exclusive) that reduces high-frequency noise for a quieter ride.
- ComfortCruise technology that leverages a rounded contact patch and special tire casing shape to reduce road vibration for a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- HydroTrack technology that uses full-depth tread grooves and open shoulder slots to disperse water and reduce the risk of hydroplaning.
- EdgePerformance technology, which is Bridgestone’s proprietary tread design that helps boost vehicle maneuverability over the tire’s 80,000-mile lifespan.
Whether your priority is improving gas mileage or reducing road noise, there’s a Bridgestone touring tire for you. Buy tires online and have them delivered to your local Firestone Complete Auto Care for affordable, hassle-free installation. Many stores are open at night and on weekends for your convenience.
*Based on rolling resistance in lab testing comparing Ecopia EP422 Plus (215/60R16) to Firestone FR710 (215/60R16) from new. Extra 20 miles based on 400 miles per tank. Actual results may vary based on proper tire maintenance, vehicle, driving style, and road conditions.
**Certain conditions and limitations apply. Click for details.